After a strenuous one mile walk on the bike path the other evening, I decided on something like a fact. I should just stop walking on the bike path. And instead, go the park and SWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is nothing that says a swing set is only for children. Thus, I concluded: it will be my new full cardio workout. For several reasons–
- I can swing 24/7/365. Hence, it is not seasonal like most sports.
- I have no worries about twisting my ankle or running into bikers/rollerbladers as I aimlessly [but not on purpose] strive to walk in a straight line.
- I can use swinging to strengthen my ankles. When I swing back and then bring my legs forward, I can practice bringing my right foot up straight instead of crooked. My PT would be so proud of my efforts.
- I can manage which direction I sit to avoid sun or enhance my workout by the wind.
- I can go for five minutes and feel like I put off a ton of calories (but okay, I plan to go for a full workout!)
- I can invite others to join me without feeling embarrased about my lack-of-eye-and hand-coordination other sports require.
- It is stress relief.
- And it is fun. 🙂
Do you like to swing?